When it comes to maintaining a clean and hygienic facility, businesses face a critical decision: Should you keep cleaning in-house or outsource to a facility services company?
Make an informed choice!
• Control and Flexibility: Having an in-house cleaning team allows for direct supervision and immediate adjustments to cleaning schedules or tasks as needed.
• Company Loyalty: In-house cleaners might feel more connected to the company, leading to a stronger sense of ownership and pride in maintaining the workplace.
• Immediate Response: In-house staff can quickly address urgent cleaning needs, reducing potential downtime due to cleanliness issues.
• While in-house cleaning may seem cost-effective, it often incurs hidden soft costs and expenses such as staff training, equipment, and cleaning supplies. Managing and staffing the cleaning and maintenance team takes focus off of your core business activities. Finding replacements for absentee workers can become a challenge.
• Expertise and Efficiency: Professional cleaning companies are experienced and specialized in their field, ensuring higher cleaning standards and efficiency.
• Cost-Effectiveness: Outsourcing can save on hiring, training, and management costs associated with an in-house team.
• Outsourcing also becomes more cost-effective as a long term option, as it eliminates hidden expenses and provides customized cleaning solutions to suit your budget.
• Equipment and Supplies: Cleaning companies often have access to advanced equipment and eco-friendly supplies, relieving the company from procurement and maintenance responsibilities.
• Facilities services companies such as ourselves offer cleaning plans to address your specific needs, ensuring comprehensive and efficient services. Outsourcing these tasks frees up your time and resources, allowing you to focus on core business operations and strategic growth.
• Flexible Workload: Combining in-house and outsourced cleaning can provide flexibility to adjust cleaning efforts based on specific needs, such as busy periods or special events.
• Cost Optimization: Using a mix of in-house and outsourced services allows for cost optimization by allocating certain tasks to the more cost-effective option.
• Specialized Tasks: Companies can use outsourced services for specialized tasks like deep cleaning or carpet maintenance while handling daily cleaning with an in-house team.
While in-house cleaning offers control and quick response, outsourced services provide expertise, cost-effectiveness, and access to equipment. A blended approach oftentimes offers flexibility, cost optimization, and specialized task handling. Ultimately, the decision depends on factors like company size, budget, cleanliness standards, and the level of control desired. A careful assessment of these factors will help determine the most suitable approach for maintaining a clean and hygienic workplace.
As your business grows or changes, we can easily adjust our services to accommodate your evolving needs. At A Sharper Image, we understand the challenges businesses face in deciding between in-house cleaning and outsourcing. This is why we offer a FREE consultation so that you have a full understanding of your current cleaning position and what can be improved.
Michael Sills 501-319-4304